Invest in the Philippines
Why the Philippines?
Due to recent changes in Philippines law, 100% foreign ownership of condominiums, townhouses, and condotels has been permitted. This creates an enormous investment opportunity. While its Asian neighbors have been enjoying real estate appreciation for 10 - 20 years, Philippine real estate has only experienced positive growth for the last 4 years. There are a number of reasons that the Philippines have been slow to attract the attention of international investors.
1. The Foreign Investor Statutes were only recently changed, permitting 100% ownership of condominiums and condotels. Now more than 10,000 foreigners have made sound investments in the Philippines.
2. Demographics are working in favor of the Philippines. While other Asian countries are averaging less than 1 child per household, the Philippines are still growing at a 3.3 child per household rate. The Philippines now has a population of nearly 90 million, and is expeceted to grow to 115 million residents by the year 2020, and 153 million residents by the year 2050. The demand is enormous and there is no end in site.
3. While other Asian countries, such as Japan, Korea, Thailand, Singapore, and, to a lesser degree, China are reaching the limits of their growth cycle, the Philippines enjoyed 14% to 16% appreciation in the condo market in 2007 through 2012, the best in Asia.
4. The costs of condominiums and condotels are still relatively low for the region and for the average Filipino wage earner. Rental return rates are averaging 12% - 18%. location dependent. Most foreign investors lost money in stocks and real estate in 2007 - 2012. How does a 15% return on appreciation coupled with a 15% return on rent role compare with your investments last year?
5. Construction costs: With 2/3 of the world's population living in southwest Asia, the demand for construction materials and oil is escalating. Construction cost increases are being passed along to the buyers and ultimately the sellers, a pattern that will continue well into the future. Buying sooner than later makes good sense.
For a free microeconomic analysis of your property please do not hesitate to contact Fil-Am Condos at anytime, this is part of our sincere service.